Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

March 2013 Birchbox Review

Once again, this review is extremely late this month. Oops! I actually didn't get to go to my house and pick it up til like a week later, and then I opened it and forgot it at home before I got to try out or take pics of anything....but now I finally have my box and have sampled the products a bit and took pictures! Let's begin!
One of the most interesting things in my box this month was the Sumita Color Intense Pencil. It's in the most beautiful blue shade. I tried wearing it on my waterline and it didn't want to stay there...it sort of traveled down into my lower lashes. It doesn't seem pointy enough to do a thin line above my upper lashes. I am also a little worried that the color won't look good on me, since my eyes are definitely on the grayer side of blue.. I am going to keep experimenting with this pencil though. This is exactly what I love about birchbox--getting to try something that I would never have bought on my own. Also, they sent everyone these little Madewell nail files with the most adorable floral print ever.
I was particularly excited about both of these products: the Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvinator and the Whish Shave Crave Shave Cream. So far I really like the face stuff. I'm a bit disappointed with the shave cream, however. It works great, but its pretty expensive and the blueberry smell is STRONG. It doesn't smell like real blueberries either--it smells kind of like a blueberry lollipop with a hint of a chemical smell. I've decided it's not awful, but I'd rather have something a little less powerful. Also, the tube made me think it was a pretty big sample size, but I actually only got 2 shaves out of it.
Last but not least are the two Miss Jessie's products. The Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo was definitely not for me. It had such a thick, sticky texture that, even though I used more than half of the packet, I could not manage to spread throughout my entire hair. It seriously took some work. I could definitely not handle that frustration early in the morning. The conditioner was much easier to manage, but it was personally too light for me. I have very dry hair and it needs all the hydration it can get. I think it would be a great product for someone who has thin hair or is just worried about weighing their hair down.

All in all I got a pretty good box this month with some very interesting samples. I was excited to try everything in my box, even though some of them were just not for me. If you would like to join Birchbox using my referral link, click here. If you would just like some more info about Birchbox, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment