Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Product Review: Twistband Hair Ties

     Okay, I dunno about you guys, but I have been seeing these things everywhere. Basically, it's a hair tie that is made of soft, stretchy material that is wider than normal hair ties, so it won't leave a dent in your hair. I got one in my Birchbox this month, and I was so excited to try it! I have to put my hair up a lot for tennis, and it would definitely be nice if my hair still looked good when I took it out of the ponytail after a match.
    I took it with me when we went to a tournament for the weekend, and overall, I have to say I was not super impressed. No, it does not dent your hair, which is lovely, but I still don't think it's worth over a dollar a hair tie when you can pick up a large pack at Walmart super cheap. I wore mine for a couple matches and what I found was they tend to slide so your ponytail falls down. I have slick hair as it is, and I have trouble with that when I use regular hair ties. The twistband ones were pretty bad about it, though. Also, the hair ties are pretty big, at least compared to the regular ones that cut off your circulation. I have very small wrists, though, and I ended up losing the darn thing before the weekend was over.
     Overall, I wasn't a fan of Twistband hair ties. I don't hate them, but I'll be sticking to my cheap Walmart ones. They look pretty cute, though, and if you have extra money lying around to spend on hair ties, go for it. What do you think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment