Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Homecoming

So, I've got a big week ahead of me, since it's the last week of tennis (we leave for conference finals Thursday), plus I have two important tests, and Ben's birthday is this weekend. I feel awful that the gifts I ordered him haven't even come in yet, and I won't get to spend time with him on his birthday because I'll be at conference finals. If I can make it through this week then I am capable of ANYTHING.

I should have a real post coming again soon once my October Birchbox comes in. Before I even signed up for Birchbox I used to look up reviews and see what everyone else got. That was the first time I discovered how popular beauty blogs were. Actually, the main thing I had in mind when I decided to create this blog was using it for BB reviews.

If you don't know what Birchbox is, basically it is a monthly subscription service that sends you 4-5 deluxe beauty samples for $10 a month. Sometimes you even get full sized products, which is cool. I signed up for Birchbox because I don't really wear makeup and I wasn't sure where to start. I hate spending money, so it's not like I was going to go buy a bunch of products and try them out, so Birchbox was the perfect thing. Also I like the idea of a little monthly gift in the mail :) The reason I chose Birchbox over all the others was because of their points system. You can review the items from your box on their website, and for every review you do, you get 10 points. 100 points is worth $10 in their store. Actually, since my October box is late, they emailed me a couple days ago saying they're giving me 100 points!

So until my October box comes in, you'll just have to deal with boring personal posts :( I went to homecoming last night. It was honestly probably the worst homecoming of my life. I was the DD and had to haul all my drunk friends to the drunk bus (it takes you to the dance if you don't have  a car, don't wanna drive, etc.) Then, when I went to the actual dance, the music was awful. Ben and I didn't even dance. My drunk friends managed to have fun even with crappy music, but I wasn't feelin' it. We left early and took a couple friends with us because they were sick, so we stopped in Sheetz to grab some nice, greasy food. Unfortunately everyone else had the same idea, and there were a bunch of drunks chanting order numbers at a very frustrated/annoyed cashier. One guy even had his shirt off, and two others almost got in a fight. We ended up leaving before our food was even ready. The whole night was a real disappointment.

The one good part of the night was getting all dressed up. I painted my nails with the new red Essie fall polish (Headmistress?) and got to wear my new black dress. I also used The Balm Staniac lip stain in Beauty Queen, which is arguably one of the best things I ever got in my birchbox. Hopefully this time next week I'll be typing up a review on all my lovely October BB items and not feeling the slightest bit stressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment