Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 2012 Birchbox Review

I looked at my box online a couple of days before it actually came in and I got SUPER excited! It looked like the best box yet! I'd been wanting to try the Oscar Blandi texture and volume spray for a while, and the cupcake bath bomb looked adorable! The theme this month was giving, and they sent a little pillow pack to use as a gift wrap sort of thing. It's very cute. There is also a coupon for $15 off a pair of $88 shoes from Chromatic gallerie. It's cute because there's a code you can give to a friend as well.
I was so excited to see this FULL SIZED mascara! If I'm going to splurge on anything, it would either be hair products or mascara. Good job birchbox! It does make your lashes longer, but not necessarily thicker. Maybe a couple coats would do the trick.
I was actually sort of disappointed with the texture and volume spray. It seemed to work okay, but it smelled terrible. Like bad enough that even if it worked really well I wouldn't buy it. It smells like my grandma, and i's pretty strong. It made me a little dizzy when I was enclosed in my car. I'll still try it at least one more time, maybe it'll grow on me.
Miss Me by Stella Cadente was probably my least favorite perfume sample I've receive from BB. It sort of smelled like baby powder. Not necessarily bad, I just won't be purchasing it.
I am excited to try the Caldrea hand soap. I love the little sample sizes, and I am going to put them in my purse and try them instead of yucky public bathroom soap next time I'm out.
I am also very excited to try the Smitten bath bomb. It looks adorable, and I hope it smells as delicious as it looks. Unfortunately I don't have a bath tub, so I'll have to wait til I'm at Ben's this weekend to try it out.

All in all, this may be one of my favorite birchboxes ever. They sent me stuff that I never would have purchased or tried on my own. That's why I even signed up in the first place. Oh, forgot to mention, they also sent a SoyJoy cranberry bar. It was sort of yucky. Just not my thing. I am very jealous of the people who got chocolate. If you were one of those lucky people, did you like it?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. I really wanted to get that bath bomb in my box... Oh well my box wasn't that bad this month.

    I agree, that soyjoy bar was gross.

    http://beautyonrehab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bath bomb didn't end up being all that great :/ once it dissolved it was like it was never even there :(

    ReplyDelete