Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

5 Ways To Get Motivated To Work Out

So Christmas is right around the corner and the weather is getting colder by the day and I feel absolutely no desire to get out of bed, let alone work out. I figured now would be a good time to share with you the ways I keep motivated. As you may know, I play tennis for my university, but during the winter we have no practices or anything. I still need to stay in shape for when the spring season starts, plus I need some way to get rid of all the Christmas calories I'll be consuming. Here are 5 ways I convince myself to get out of bed and get moving:

1. Pinterest Inspiration:
     One thing you can do while you're still in bed is look at the health/fitness section of Pinterest. You can find workouts, motivational quotes, and healthy recipes. After I pin some things to my fitness board I feel extra excited to try the foods or the workouts.

2. Cute Workout Clothes:
     It's much easier to convince myself to get dressed and go to the gym when I have a cute new workout outfit that I haven't worn yet. I love the way I look in my cropped workout leggings, so I at least have that to look forward to. Picking out an outfit makes getting ready to work out a little more enjoyable.

3. Try Something New:
     If you're anything like me, running on a track sounds like one of the absolute worst ways to spend an afternoon. Running and lifting weights are so boring to me. I like to do something with a purpose other than making myself sweat. Try signing up for a tennis league or grabbing a friend to play racket ball. If you make it interesting, it won't even feel like a workout! Not into any sports? Try something like Zumba; it is just as good a workout as playing a sport, trust me.

4. Get Organized:
     I always get more motivated when I have a workout plan laid out. If you're not sure where to start on making your own, try fitness magazines or looking online. My dad is very into tennis and weight lifting so he designs mine sometimes. When you set goals for yourself you're much more likely to work towards and achieve them.

5. Reward Yourself:
     If you try your best and do all your workouts for a month, reward yourself! You deserve it! Buy something you've had your eye on or treat yourself to a spa day. Avoid rewarding yourself with junk food, since that's kind of backtracking your progress.

Those are my tips for staying motivated, even in the cold winter months. I hate winter weather; it makes me want to hibernate. Working out makes me feel much better though, once I convince myself to do it. How do you keep yourself motivated to stay fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment