Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

February 2013 Birchbox Review

Hi guys! Sorry this post is so late, as most of you probably know many of the boxes were delayed this month due to the snow storm--including mine! Plus I didn't have time to pick it up from my house for a few days (I've been so busy at school) but now I finally have it! I was a pretty big fan of my box this month. I can't wait to show you the cool stuff I got!
The first thing I noticed was the huge size of the TIGI Fun Times Rockaholic Hairspray. I wish the Oscar Blandi samples from a couple months ago had been this size. I sprayed a little on my hair and it smells amazing! It says it is supposed to give a natural-looking finish without being sticky. The full size is $20.50, so I'd have to really like it to buy it, but you do get a pretty big can of it for the price.

One thing I was super excited about was the Twistband headband. As you may know, I am not huge on the twistband hair elastics--I think they are very overpriced. But I was excited to try out their headband, because I am more worried about headband creases than ponytail creases. It came at the perfect time, too--I just snapped my favorite headband a couple days ago :(. All in all, i was happy with the color of this headband, and it is softer and more comfortable than some of the other stretchy headbands I have worn. I'm not sure if I would purchase 6 of them for $19, though.

The third exciting thing in this box was the Secret Agent Beauty Secret Lip Affair gloss. It's a pretty shimmery pink color and it plumps your lips. Not to mention it's full sized! It's a tiny bit sticky but better than most cheap glosses I have tried. I would probably not repurchase because of the $16 price tag.

Lastly, I have the two not-as-exciting things. The perfume sample smelled fine but I wouldn't buy it, and Ghirardelli chocolate squares are nothing new to me--even though they are delicious! I sort of wish they had put two in. I can't eat just one! I think the chocolate added a little value to the box, and I am fine with receiving chocolate of any sort.

All in all, I had a pretty great box this time around. I saw that some people were unhappy because their boxes were only worth $12 or so--which is understandable to me. Most people join Birchbox because of the amazing value of most boxes, so it is pretty disappointing when you get small samples that aren't worth much. I would estimate my box worth for this month to be around $25 for this month, so I feel pretty lucky.

If you would like to join Birchbox using my referral link, click here. If you would like to find out more information about Birchbox, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment